Homeowners use an incredible amount of energy on a daily basis to power their HVAC systems, water heaters, appliances, and electronic devices. In fact, 48% of the electricity used by residential consumers in the U.S. is dedicated to heating and cooling. While staying comfortable is probably one of your top priorities, you don’t want to break the bank just to stay cool on a hot day and warm on a chilly day. Check out these five money-saving tips, which you can put into action today:
- Have your heating/cooling system serviced by a competent service technician at least once a year.
- Replace your filters monthly (1″ fiberglass type).
- Use a programmable thermostat to lower or raise temperature when not needed.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact florescent bulbs, they use less energy and put out more light. They can save you up to $50 in energy costs over the life of the bulb.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR logo on all appliances you purchase.
Is Your Home Performing At Its Best?
Whether you’re looking to improve your comfort level or reduce your energy bills, it’s important to remember that all the parts of your home work together as a system. If you have rooms that are too hot, cold, dusty, stuffy, dry, or humid, you may be tempted to lock onto a single fix, such as improving your air conditioner without considering other problems that could be the cause. When you do this, you might improve your comfort, but not in the most efficient way.
There are many facets to making your home ENERGY EFFICIENT. The first step is to find out where you are losing energy. Bass Air Conditioning Company, Inc. offers the most advanced technology available to diagnose your home. The whole house Blower Door test or BIG RED DOOR allows us to put your whole house under pressure in order to pinpoint air leaks and other problem areas that contribute to energy loss and indoor air quality problems. Once the test has been performed, we can show you how to address the problem or provide you with a quote for our technicians to do the repairs. Call 910-778-1536 and ask for the BIG RED DOOR Department.
Bass Air Conditioning Company, Inc. also offers a full line of indoor air quality products to improve your indoor environment.